On May 12th, our Tech class went into the computer lab to submit our projects on the Green Bricks website. We handed in our group projects, aside from the Sustainability Summit work. I'm not sure when the challenge ends, but Fiona sent me an e-mail back that morning and told us good luck. I'm guessing the challenge hasn't ended yet, but I'm not sure.
We finished our group project for this day, so our group decided that if we didn't modify it or anything, we would hand it in to Ms. Kam when our projects are due for our class.
Our class right now, haven't been working as much on our projects. It seems like every time we have science class, it's cut off short and we still have to do our textbook work and study for finals. Also, we went to the Planetarium a few weeks ago, so that was another class gone. We only have about 3 weeks of school left and then finals and then summer, so we don't really have time to do any Green Bricks work right now. Also our group projects are due May 27th, so we would be done with the sustainability unit.
I think that everyone in the class has learned a lot about sustainability, even if they haven't been involved with the summit and the meetings. I think they have a concept of what's happening, recycling, turning off lights and stuff like that. Our Tech class is always reminding teachers to turn off some lights when they're not needed, to open the blinds and what not whenever.
Also, I forgot to mention that Mr. Howe, Ms. Sorochan, Jess, and Ms. Kam have been a really big help in having our voices heard. If it weren't for them, the summit group couldn't have planned any meetings and we couldn't have gotten anywhere if they hadn't drove us places. I think that many people got involved and that was a good thing because now people are aware and know not to throw bottles into the garbage can. I'm happy I got to learn many things too and I'm actually proud of myself because I got involved and met new people. I think in my part, it was a big accomplishment and I feel really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment